Hummingbirds are amazing!
According to www.worldofhummingbirds.com:
- Hummingbirds are the tiniest birds in the world
- Hummingbirds are very smart and they can remember every flower they’ve ever been to
- A hummingbird’s heart beats up to 1,260 times per minute
- The bright radiant color on hummingbirds comes from iridescent coloring like on a soap bubble or prism
- An average sized hummingbird will have about 940 feathers
- Most hummingbirds die in the first year of life
- Hummingbirds have an average life span of about 5 years
- A hummingbird will visit an average of 1,000 flowers per day for nectar
- There are more than 300 types or species of hummingbirds
- Hummingbirds get their name from the humming sound produced by their wings when flying
- Hummingbirds don’t read books on what they are supposed to do and tend to do what they want!
…when you are convinced that all the exits are blocked, either you take to believing in miracles or you stand still like the hummingbird. The miracle is that the honey is always there, right under your nose, only you were too busy searching elsewhere to realize it. The worst is not death but being blind, blind to the fact that everything about life is in the nature of the miraculous.