Lens-Artists Challenge #90 – Distance

Sometimes the light seems so far in the distance:

IMG_6135 (2)
Somewhere along the Gulf Coast, Florida

Sometimes the destination seems so far in the distance:

IMG_2530
This was on our road trip from Bend Oregon, heading to Mt. Hood.  We thought this was our destination and discovered it was not Mt. Hood…  We think it is Mt. Washington.

Sometimes we are reminded of the distance past:

IMG_2975
This showed up in our hotel room last year

Sometimes the bottom seems so far in the distance:

IMG_3920
Looking down from the tram at Palm Springs

Sometimes the horizon seems so far in the distance:

IMG_6312
Sunset at Siesta Key Beach, Florida

Sometimes, the hotel seems so far in the distance 👣👣👣

IMG_8239 2
Sandestin Resort, Destin, Florida

Sometimes morning seems so very distant:

IMG_6031
Disney’s Boardwalk (Walt Disney World)

Sometimes paradise is so very distant:

IMG_8880
Looking down at Sandals Island, Bahamas  …on our way home 😢

🌴 “For time is the longest distance between two places.” ~ Tennessee Williams 🌴

My beach is most often in the distant past, and yet I’m always dreaming and planning my next beach visit in the distance to come.

🌴🥥🌴🥥🌴

IMG_9886
Sandals Island, Bahamas

“No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other’s worth.” ~ Robert Southey

❤❤❤

“Sometimes you have to be apart from people you love, but that doesn’t make you love them any less. Sometimes you love them more.” ~ Nicholas Sparks

🤗🤗🤗

My post for Lens-Artists Challenge #90

Loved your response this week Lisa – really well thought out and beautifully expressed both in words and images. Great post

1. Thank you so much! Looking through old photos is always enjoyable. Memories 😊

2. Beautiful photos and inspiring , good words from Nicholas Sparks

1. Thank you Alice! Isn’t that a great quote? I love using quotes 🙂

I’ve never thought about ‘distance’ in so many different ways. Something to ponder. Beautiful photos.

beautiful words and images, Lisa. thank you 🙂

1. Thank you! It was fun looking through my photos to find these. Nice memories 🙂

A very beautiful set of distance photos and words.
    Thank you for the post, Lisa.

6. pattimoed says:

Great post with wonderful quotes, images, and thoughts on distance. I hope you are soon enjoying your next trip to a beautiful beach.

1. Oh my goodness Patti, me too! Our May trip to Utah will need to be cancelled. This is teaching me to look at the good, not the negative. We will need to rethink things. Thank you 😊

7. ramblingranger says:

I love the Nicholas Sparks quote, especially since I’m now especially far from everyone I love. Thanks for sharing!

1. Thank you! I love quotes. I think we have so many great thoughts in our hearts. Quotes help us find them ❤
      I hope that soon we will not have to be so distant 😊

8. anne leueen says:

I remember those phones! I can’t imagine using one now. Lovely photos for your response to this challenge.

1. Thank you Anne! That phone was too pretty to be super old (I think) but it kind of made a cool picture ☎