Bird Weekly -Photo Challenge – Domesticated Birds

This morning at a nearby park, I had the opportunity to see these sweet youngsters paddling on the lake. Their feathers look so soft and fluffy. πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™

I tried a couple of different editing effects on the duckling photos below:

Although they were not close together, my guess is that one of the ducks below is the momma. 😊

“An optimist is someone who figures that if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it’s the bluebird of happiness.”
~ Robert Breault

Posted for Lisa Coleman’s weekly bird challenge. Check it out here πŸ¦†πŸ¦†

1. Alice says:

They’re so cute! and I love the reflection in the water, and also the black and while one.

1. Thank you! πŸ˜ŠπŸ€—πŸ’™

2. Anita says:

So nice pictures of these little cuties. The third image is in my opinion the very best 😊

1. Thank you Anita! And I do love when people tell me which is there favorite! These little cuties were happy surprise that morning 😊

3. Lisa Coleman says:

These photos are adorable! The fluffy ones on top are juvenile white geese. They haven’t lost their down feathers yets. Soon they will look just like the white ones and you are probably right. That is more than likely the momma if they were all together. I just love it! πŸ™‚

1. Thank you Lisa! I love learning more about birds (and other creatures). I think the adult ones thought I might have food for them, because they seemed to follow me around the lake. I looked on line later and it sounds like specific fruits and veggies are best. Do you know, what about wild bird seed? It sounds like that may not be good for them. I’d like to take food to them in the future. They are so sweet!

1. Lisa Coleman says:

If you take food to the white domestic geese, which is what these are, they will become very aggressive and not sweet anymore. They will start chasing you around to the point that is scary. πŸ™‚

2. Well, that is good to know! Thank you Lisa 😊

3. Lisa Coleman says:

You are welcome! πŸ™‚

You did a great job of showing the sweetness of those duck. And, I also liked that quote!

they’re so cute. a great quote!