Lens-Artists Challenge #115 – Inspiration

Inspiration…the action or power of moving the intellect or emotions (Merriam-Webster)

In response to Tina’s Lens-Artists Challenge (found here) I have reflected on the meaning of the word “inspiration” and what I would like to communicate in this post. About two years ago I was motivated to buy a nicer camera and start learning more about photography. I can’t actually remember what prompted that action at that particular time. I think it was that I had some money saved and just decided to go for it. Soon after, with assistance from my cousin, I set up this blog, the perfect outlet for my creativity and learning. Since that time I have been inspired by so many bloggers who not only posted amazing photos for me to learn from, but also commented with encouragement and thoughts.

Fast forward to 2020. What would I have done this year without the motivation to continue to work on my photography skills? My current inspiration, based on the definition above, has been the outdoors.

Outdoors: the world away from human habitations

My escape from isolation. The ability to look way beyond the walls of my home and to see possibilities. Through my camera lens I have made discoveries that sharpen my mind and increase my knowledge. In the outdoors my emotions are leveled out, creating the ability for me to let go of current stresses and worries. In the outdoors life is refreshing, open, and inspiring.

Below are a few photos of my “outdoors” that inspires me.

Yesterday morning, sunrise at the lake
Also from yesterday, the Great Blue Haron welcoming the sunrise 😊
From a recent walk, I was not able to identify what type tree this comes from. I thought it was beautiful.

Even without my camera, I am still inspired by being outdoors.
My camera has just allowed me to see things that might otherwise go unnoticed.

I don’t even know what this is, I just thought it was beautiful.

“A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world.”
~ Paul Dudley White

My true inspiration comes from God above, who created my great outdoors.

1. Teresa says:

Wonderful inspiration in nature, always!

1. Yes nature is wonderful!! 😊

Well Lisa you have surely come a long way in a very short time. Much of photography has to do with seeing rather than shooting skills. It’s one of few pastimes we can enjoy during lockdown. Clearly you SEE and shoot beautifully. Wonderful response. Especially loved the little frog and the plant just above him.

1. Thank you Tina! What nice words! 😊 Isn’t that frog cute? And whatever that plant is, I just thought it was so pretty. This has been the perfect time for me to experiment with photography.

3. pattimoed says:

I love this, Lisa. Crediting photography for inspiring you. It’s true. It has been a wonderful inspiration for me, too. I love your nature shots. That heron looks like he just woke up! Your photos are beautifully observed.

1. Thank you thank you! I really don’t know what I would have done without being able to focus my my mind on photos and nature this year. And I thought that heron photo was kind of funny! And he looked so stretched out! 😊😄

I so in love with this post, Lisa. Beautifully expressed and presented. Truly inspiring.
    Thank you for this cheerful and beautiful set of images. 🙂 🙂

1. Oh, thank you Amy! I really appreciate your kind words! I really enjoyed this challenge. 😊

lovely story, Lisa. your beautiful pictures are truly inspiring. thanks for sharing them! 🙂

1. Awwwww, thank you! I liked this challenge! I looked through a few older photos that I really loved and got to share 😊

6. JohnRH says:

Excellent photos, all. The grass and sun is my fave. Love the Dudley White quote. Walk!

1. Thank you John! And yes, walking is one of my therapies for sanity! …and that sunrise Saturday morning was so beautiful, I was glad I got up and out so early.

Beautiful selection of shots, Lisa. The heron looks like it’s grinning.

1. Thank you! And isn’t he funny? I didn’t realize that until I looked at the photo on my computer!😊

8. These are all stunning photographs, Lisa! And you also inspire others with your wonderful photography and intersting blogging! Indeed, life outside being close to nature, doe help heal and reduce the stresses of the world, and opens up doors on new learning and new vistas.

1. Thank you Peter! I have always liked outdoors (especially at the beach 😊). But this year I have gained a whole new respect for being outdoors in nature. Actually just being outdoors anywhere!

9. hcmorris77 says:

when I’m feeling down and out, I head outdoors. even if it’s just a walk around the property or working in the garden. There are healing qualities in nature, like the Paul Dudley White quote suggests, that can revive the soul.
    Beautiful pics! 🙂

1. Thank you! So glad we both have great outdoor spaces!

10. Aushi says:

“My true inspiration comes from God above, who created my great outdoors.”
    So true…
    And you have got great skills
    .. All the photos are just so beautiful, i can’t take my eyes off 🌼🌼❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

1. Awwww, thank you so much!! 🤗

I especially like the long-neck bird and the orange/pink flower with the bug. I’m very thankful for God’s beautiful creation! He is the true artist

1. Thank you! Yes, I love that bird too! 😊

Lisa, you do an AMAZING job at showcasing the immense beauty in the small details that are typically overlooked.

Thanks for bringing the world up close so we can enjoy their beauty too!! 🙂 ❤

LOVE the little frog 😉

1. Thank you Terri! When I saw him, I almost thought he was fake for a second!

A wonderful reminder how perfect nature is 😉

2. Awwww, thank you Teri! 😊

13. Beautiful captures, Lisa! These share awesome composition and great creativity!

1. Thank you! That was a fun challenge to put together 😊 I really appreciate the encouraging feedback!