Whoo do you see?

This morning we walked around our nearby gardens/cultural center hoping to find a few more spring flowers. I have seen the owl who often resides in this particular tree on previous visits, but wasn’t able to get a good photo before. This morning he was in good view when I stood almost directly below and looked up. I believe he is a great horned owl. He was the highlight of my morning ๐Ÿ˜Š

I think in the bottom photo he is taking a little nap โค

๐Ÿฆ‰๐Ÿฆ‰๐Ÿฆ‰๐Ÿฆ‰๐Ÿฆ‰๐Ÿฆ‰

1. Wow! Great images of the owl.

1. Thank you so much! ๐Ÿ˜Š

2. Alice says:

Wow, such neat pictures! I think he was posing for you! And, yes, it does look like he’s sleeping.

1. Thank you! And he looked down at me a few times! So fun!

3. gr8ful_collette says:

Oh look at that lovely! What a lucky find. Those talons! Heโ€™s magnificent!! ๐Ÿ’›๐ŸŒŸ

1. Thanks Collette! Yes I noticed those talons too! I was happy the photos came out clear, even with the shade. Such a cool bird!

4. Ditto to Collette’s comments! Impressive photos. I’ve only been that close to an owl at a zoo. We do have wild ones that I’ve seen in the woods but never had a camera with me. You do have a special gift of finding cool things to take photos of, thanks for sharing them with us!

1. Thank you! I knew to look in that tree from a previous visit. I was happy and surprised to see him up there!!

1. I would’ve been too – someday, maybe I’ll see one and get a photo too. That’s a fun bucket list item…

5. Great image, Lisa. Amazing how much camouflage they have in that kind of tree. Did you get my email?

1. Thanks Frank! Yip! I responded to your email.

Great photos of a magnificent bird ๐Ÿ˜€

1. Thank you Sarah! I was so excited to see him without branches obstructing the view. And that he would look down at me! That was great!

Thatโ€™s it…Iโ€™m coming for a visit when covid gets under controlโฃ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚

I love owls and while Iโ€™ve heard them occasionally during summer trips in rural America, I havenโ€™t seen one live.

You truly ARE a bird whispererโฃ๏ธ ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ˜‚

1. Come on over, anytime!! We would have some fun exploring ๐Ÿ˜Š But you may not want to come in summer ๐Ÿ˜“๐Ÿ”ฅโ˜€

Youโ€™re a doll Lisa โฃ๏ธโค๏ธ๐Ÿค—

Until then I treasure your photos. ๐Ÿ˜

What a beauty!

1. Thank you! He is pretty cool looking ๐Ÿ˜Ž

9. Great read Lisa… Awesome pictures!!! โค

1. Thank you Monica! ๐Ÿ˜Š

10. I’d love to see one of these. Excellent shot, Lisa.

janet

1. Thank you Janet!

11. Exciting sight and sound. Havenโ€™t seen an owl outdoors before, just the Zoo. Thanks

1. Thank you! I’m not sure I’ve seen one before either!

What a fantastic photo! It’s not often I’ve seen an owl, especially such a great pose.

1. Thank you! He’s kind of regal looking, I think. ๐Ÿ˜Š

13. Anita says:

Absolutely amazing images Liza!

1. It was a treat to find him up there and not blocked by branches. I think he was saying “hello” to me with his eyes ๐Ÿ˜Š

14. Jane Lurie says:

Awesome sighting and images, Lisa. Your final shot with his eyes closed is surprising. ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Thank you Jane! I think we made some kind of connection ๐Ÿ˜Š