A boat with a view

Two beautiful days provided amazing views and lots of fresh air out on the sea. Although I discovered taking photos in a boat, on the open water, is most difficult, I still enjoyed every moment.

The waters around the north end of Revillagigedo Island, where Ketchikan is located, did not disappoint. It was not yet the best time for fishing, so we just enjoyed the ride.

Below is a variety of photos taken from the boat 🚀

Twice we saw a humpback whale. This one below was a surprise, and not far off. Humpback whales can be 46-56 feet long and weigh up to 44 tons (Wikipedia).

A few eagle photos below:

I believe this to be a Bonaparte’s Gull:

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.
~Jacques Yves Cousteau

Last but not least, our boat buddy, Jasper ❀

Ketchikan, Alaska is located on Revillagigedo Island, in Southeast Alaska.

According to Wikipedia:

Revillagigedo Island …rheh-vee-yΙ™-hee-HAY-dhoh, …is an island in the Alexander Archipelago in Ketchikan Gateway Borough of the southeastern region of the U.S. state of Alaska. Running about 89 km (50 mi) north-south and 48 km (35 mi) east-west, it is 2,754.835 kmΒ² (1,063.65 miΒ²) in area, making it the 12th largest island in the United States and the 167th largest island in the world.

Alexander Archipelago is a group of about 1100 islands.

1. Jeff Flesch says:

Amazing photos, Lisa! So majestic and beautiful! 😊

1. Thank you, Jeff! …it was exactly that!!

2. Tranature - quiet moments in nature says:

Beautiful photographs Lisa and what a wonderful boat trip with the sweetest boat buddy too! πŸ’•πŸ•

1. Thank you! Yes, our little boat buddy was an amazing trooper wherever we went!! 😊

Beautiful blue seascapes and fabulous whale photos!

1. Thanks Sarah! it was so pretty out there! …and so exciting to see the whale! 😊🐳

What a fabulous trip! Great photo of othe whale.

1. Thank you, Amy! Yes, that whale was not far off. I was excited that my photos came out ok! It was exciting to see! 😊

5. Ronit says:

The scenery is amazing, and the photos are even more! πŸ™‚

1. Thank you so much! 😊

These photos are such a great reminder of our Creator’s love of His creatures. Thanks for sharing them with us.

1. You are welcome! 😊

Great sightings, Lisa. Good photos of the eagles (and Jasper)!

1. Awwww, thank you!! 😊

1. Oh, thank you! It was 😊

8. Butterfly says:

Nice post πŸ˜„

1. Thank you so much! 😊

1. Butterfly says:

My pleasure😌✨️
        Have an awesome day!!πŸ˜„
        Butterfly πŸ¦‹

9. Wow, wow, wow, Lisa. I should get some tips from you on how to take photos of birds in flight.

1. Oh, thank you Tracy! If you knew now many awful photos I got πŸ˜‚ But I did have fun! I figure if you take a few hundred, a few should come out good!! 😊

1. Hee hee, that’s my philosophy too, Lisa. Still, you are much better at it than I am.

1. Thank you! Oh, it was so beautiful out there!!

10. Cherryl says:

You’ve seen some absolutely beautiful sights here Lisa, I haven’t been but from what I see and read, Alaska is quite a mesmerising place. I’ve watched programmes showing people living out there, not easy, but so there’s so much beauty and peace.

1. Thank you Cherryl, it really is amazing! I don’t want to live there, but it really does take you away from the crazy of life. There is a lot of rain in this area, so the winters are a bit long. But summers are beautiful.