Bird Weekly-Photo Challenge-Macro/Close-ups

For Lisa Coleman’s weekly bird challenge, Birds Close Up, I was on the hunt when I went out walking on Sunday. I also searched my older photos and found a few that would fit the bill 😊

This one was taken at our Desert Museum (see post here). It was overcast so the light wasn’t the best, but I love this photo that gives him a bit of an angry look. It came out pretty clear given the lack of light and his distance from me.

This one was taken in their hummingbird aviary.

This is a nesting hummingbird. I so wish the lighting could have been brighter, but she (?) is still so cute in her little nest πŸ’š

Just a pretty bird in the bird aviary 😊

I took this heron out at the lake Sunday. I realize he is not super close up, but I can’t believe I got a couple of clear photos. He was in the shade, and I was sneaking into a bushy tree to try and get his photo. I messed with the settings (as I so often fly by the seat of my pants then hope I got something) and behold! With a little brightening on Lightroom, he came out pretty nice! I need to practice more to improve my photos in shadows, and on cloudy days.

These two are just sweet photos 🀎

And finally, although this one isn’t as close up, it’s still pretty close, and just lovely, don’t you think?

“The mind should turn into a serene and stormless lake, where is reflected the complete panorama of the starry sky.”
~ Samael Aun Weor

πŸ’¦πŸ’§πŸ’¦πŸ’§πŸ’¦πŸ’§πŸ’¦πŸ’§πŸ’¦πŸ’§πŸ’¦

“If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water.” ~ Loren Eiseley

1. Sheree says:

You’re very welcome

1. These are real stunners, Lisa!

1. Thank you Peter! These challenges are fun because sometimes I find some great photos I forgot about!

2. Helen Bushe says:

Fab shots! My favourite is that gorgeous one in the nest.

1. Thank you Helen! I think she may win the most popular award 😊 It was fun to see her in the little nest!

Fabulous photos❣️❣️❣️

I’ve never, ever seen a hummingbird β€œnot” in motion. And yes, adorable in her nest πŸ˜‰ She’s such a contrast to the seriousness of the bird of prey!

Nicely done

1. Thank you so much! We have a hummingbird feeder and they are such fun little birds. And so beautiful!

4. Lisa Coleman says:

Wonderful shots this week. The hummingbirds are quite awesome! Fabulous shot & close up of the Cactus Wren. That is one of my favorite western birds. πŸ₯°

1. Thank you Lisa! It does help when the hummingbirds are enclosed in a small space for me 😊

1. Lisa Coleman says:

I think it’s that way in any aviary. So easy because the birds are kinda used to people. 😊

My favorite photos are of Mr or Mrs “Grumpy Bird” and the tiny hummer sitting in her nest.

6. Your hummer photos are gorgeous!!

1. Thank you Nora! They are fun and challenging to photograph 😊

7. Beautiful bird captures, Lisa! Well done!!

8. Fantastic photos, Lisa. My heart was aflutter. πŸ™‚

1. Awwwww, thank you!! 😊

beautiful collection, Lisa. the owl means serious business! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

1. Thank you! It’s fun when we get some expressions in our animal photos!