Eat That Frog!

To some, it may be a self help book on procrastination.

To this Black-crowned Night-Heron, it’s breakfast ๐Ÿ˜Š

With some patience, on both my part and the heron’s, together we were able to see this through to the final act. Well worth the wait.

๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ

Happy Bird!

Amazing series of photos Lisa! Although I can’t help feeling a little sorry for the frog ๐Ÿ˜‰

1. Thank you Sarah. Yes many folks are very sad for the frog ๐Ÿ˜ข Funny how all creatures can bring out our emotions, isn’t it?

aww poor frog! but a happy bird indeed! great shots! ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Thank you! I’m finding folks are not a big fan of the poor frog giving it up for the heron, though! I’d not ran across something like that before, I was quite fascinated!

3. Tranature - quiet moments in nature says:

Aww poor frog, he’s looking at you for help ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

1. Well, I actually think he was not alive, as he did not hop away when the heron dropped him. But it is kind of sad ๐Ÿ˜ข I was mostly fascinated when I noticed the heron with the frog.

4. VJ Knutson says:

Oh my! You both managed good captures.

1. Thank you VJ, that is a good way to look at it! Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

1. VJ Knutson says:

So welcome!

5. These are awesome action shots, Lisa! ๐Ÿค— ๐Ÿค— Right place, right time!! WOW!!!

1. Thank you Donna! I was quite amazed. And he let me slowly creep closer. I was focused on the bird and not the poor little frog ๐Ÿ˜ข

6. Arghhhh! The horror!!

1. Oh no, I’m so sorry about that Sklugoo! ๐Ÿ˜ข

1. {peeks head out from under covers] Is it safe yet?

2. Yes yes! It’s safe! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿธ

These are quite amazing! Of course, I can’t help but be sad for the frog, but you sure caught that bird in some great poses.

1. Thank you! Yes… poor froggy โ˜น