Must see! The World Famous Crochet Museum, Joshua Tree, CA

When I saw this on the map I thought, who would want to see a museum on yarn and crochet? But then I saw another mention somewhere and actually read a review and became intrigued. What in the heck? We need to find this little gem!

Well, the first night we looked for it but couldn’t see it where the map said it was. But, it was after dark. So, the next day we put in the address and followed the directions. Well, we found it on the back side of the block we looked at the night before.

Was it worth the effort? You bet! If you like unique, colorful, eclectic, and might I add, quirky with a bit of funk 😛

And world famous you might ask? Yes! Photos of the museum have been spotted around the world, including Toronto Pearson International Airport, the Hong Kong International Airport, and Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris!

So, enjoy my photo tour below of the World Famous Crochet Museum , and don’t skip over the Q&A section at the bottom. …because I know you will be so fascinated by this unique treasure and be filled with numerous questions and curiosities!

Wow! Who knew, huh? Well, check out my Q&A section below because I know you are just dying to find out more!

Like:

• Who in the world owns this fasinating whacky roadside attraction? Shari Elf. And she also owns the adjacent art shop, Art Queen
  • That is some funky structure, where did that come from? It is an old Fotomat building!
  • Does Shari make all of these fasinating crochet creations? No! She has collected them since the 90’s! She doesn’t even know how to crochet 😲
  • And what about Sheri? She is quite the talented lady! With both musical and artistic skills!
  • Where can you learn more about Sheri? Check out her art gallary here!
  • Does the museum have a curator? Yes! Bunny! You can meet him on the website as well.
  • Lastly, would a visit to Joshua Tree be complete without a visit to the World Famous Crochet Museum? Of course not! 🤣
  • And if you’re still yearning for more, you can check out Bunny’s Talk Show page!

I will leave you with this heartwarming quote from Bunny:
“A crochet umbrella of protection veils me from any unnecessary distractions.”

🐰❤️

1. Leya says:

Indeed a special place!

2. Anita says:

Absolutely, must see!! Totally amazing and everything are crocheted 😁 So much joy!! Thanks for sharing Lisa.

1. Thank you, Anita! 😊

We do love these quirky US places – they’re as much part of a road trip as the big sights imho 😀

4. Jeff Flesch says:

That’s the coolest place ever!!

1. Isn’t it fun?! I loved doing this post!

1. Thank you, Donna!

5. So much fun rolled up in one post!! Thanks for sharing, I’m smiling at what I saw and learned from it today!

1. Thank you, Shelley! I just loved it! Who knew? 🤣

1. It’s fun to see places that surprise and entertain us. 😁

That’s hilarious! What a special place.

1. Isn’t it funny? And I almost passed it up! 😁

7. Wind Kisses says:

Fun! And funny. I missed it. Guess on the next drive by.

1. Yes, it totally made me laugh! And fun snapping photos!