Lens-Artists Challenge: Over the Hill

Donna invites us to participate as she hosts this week’s photo challenge “Over the Hill”. Please visit her post here and see the inspiring message she shares.

I feel like I’ve faced a few hills in my life lately.

Two weeks ago we escaped town for a few days. My husband volunteers as an official at nearby armature golf tournaments and this time I tagged along. The tournament was at Wild Horse Pass and we stayed at the resort next door.

Look for more photos to come, as this was a beautiful location with ample nature photo opportunities.

As I headed out that first morning on their nature path, the scene below was one of the first I came across. It was a beautiful view that brought sunshine to my heart. A reminder to keep moving forward, something beautiful is just over that next hill.

“Where others see but the dawn coming over the hill, I see the soul of God shouting for joy.”
~ William Blake

That beautiful tree in the top photo from the other side:

☀☀☀☀☀☀

1. Jeff Flesch says:

Stunning photography, Lisa. I don’t play golf often right now, yet there is nothing like being out on a golf course as the sun is coming up, and the dew is slowly evaporating from the grass. So beautiful!

1. Thank you, and I totally agree with you, Jeff! My husband loves golf, and I don’t have the time in my life right now. But I do enjoy sharing his passion from time to time 😊

Beautiful, bucolic scenery Lisa, loved your post. The opening quote is beautiful as well. Terrific post.

1. Thank you! It seemed to be perfect for where my spirit is at the moment. 😊

1. Thank you, Nora! I sure loved that view!

3. Wind Kisses says:

I’m glad you tagged along. Absolutely stunning photos at dawn. The rain in the desert has brought us a fresh desert, hasn’t it?

“Where others see but the dawn coming over the hill, I see the soul of God shouting for joy”. I will share these words another time, So true! Thanks Lisa.

1. Thank you, Donna! That view was so beautiful, and I just loved that quote when I found it! Both lifted my spirit 😊

4. You can’t beat a good golf course for marvellous scenery… Since you or your husband may be interested in golf, here’s a link to my club’s website: https://www.royalstdavids.co.uk/ You’ll see why I do less walking in the mountains now. 😀

1. Oh wow, that is unbelievable! Amazing beauty, thanks for sharing!!

Beautiful light in your photos Lisa!

Breathtaking photos, Lisa! Thanks for sharing the quote.

1. Isn’t that a great quote? Thank you Amy!

What a peaceful looking place to visit, Lisa!

8. Prior... says:

How very cool to see the different views of the tree and then also different views on life
    And LOVE this quote from you

“A reminder to keep moving forward, something beautiful is just over that next hill”
    Amen to that

1. Thank you, Yvette! When I walked up to that view it just brought sunshine to my soul! 🌞

That is a very interesting tree. You got a great picture of it.

1. Thank you, it was such a beautiful morning!