Lens-Artists Challenge #129 – Favorite Images of 2020

In response to Tina’s Lens-Artists Challenge, I considered what to post. This one is tough because I’ve spent a lot of time this past year roaming nearby parks, paths, neighborhoods and a few hiking areas, camera in hand. Ironically, in 2019 we had wonderful rains that created unbelievable spring flowers in 2020. Although I had two wonderful vacations last year, I think my favorite photos may be the amazing photos I was able to capture of the desert flowers and residing insects. 😊💚

I will also include a couple of dragonflies because one of my self imposed challenges was to see how many dragonfly species I would be able to identify. I believe I identified about 15!

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻
Below is a gallery of some of my favorite desert flower photos and insects of 2020:

“It is a wholesome and necessary thing for us to turn again to the earth and in the contemplation of her beauties to know the sense of wonder and humility.” ~ Rachel Carson

“All my life through, the new sights of Nature made me rejoice like a child.” ~ Marie Curie

“Even more amazing than the wonders of Nature are the powers of the spirit.” ~ Helen Keller

1. I like these … well done. Many favs for me, but the dragonfly is my top pick.

1. Thank you Frank! I just fell in love with dragonflies last year! 😊

2. V.J. Knutson says:

Beautiful gallery of images.

Oh my Lisa, these are truly wonderful! However did you manage two trips during the pandemic?!?!? And I can see why no matter how wonderful they may have been, these images would have surpassed it! Happy New Year,and thanks for joining us this week!

1. Thank you Tina! We actually snuck in under the wire at COVID opening in May. Rescheduled our big trip to Utah and headed to Sedona. It was awesome! And in October we literally just headed east! But, while at home my camera has been like a 5th appendage. 😁

4. gr8ful_collette says:

I just love all of these! Thank you for compiling them all in one place!💕🌟

1. Thank you Collette! I hope you saw them on the website. I noticed on the reader it was just one super long post. I have not used the gallery format before.

1. gr8ful_collette says:

I went online and looked at you’re right about the view in Reader. On the website I got to see your beautiful layout! It looks amazing. 💕

2. Thank you! I was so surprised how well that gallery option worked. Thanks! 😊

5. Beautiful selection !!

1. Thank you Nora! 😊

6. Beautiful. I’m a beginner at the game of wild flowers. Really lovely shots.

1. Thank you so much! I had a lot to work with this past year, it was amazing!

7. What a fantastic selection of your favorites. My heart warmed up just looking at the flowers and bees and dragonflies and thinking of you walking around looking for photo ops. You definitely have some fun species there to watch. Great bokeh effects too! I look forward to seeing what you capture in 2021. Happy New Year, Lisa!

1. Thank you Shelley for the kind words! Happy 2021!

8. Beautiful collage of captures, Lisa!

1. Thank you Donna! I have never used the gallery option before. So cool for just posting a group of photos!

9. Love the photos! Interesting, isn’t it — that sometimes the best things are already in our own backyard. 🙂

1. Thank you! And yes, something I could enjoy over and over. I love vacations, but they go by pretty fast!! …and I’m still enjoying!

10. susurrus says:

Wonderful! 2020 looks a whole lot better seen from this perspective.

1. Thank you! Seriously, don’t know what I would have done without my camera. Maybe I would have taken up knitting! 😊

I love your favorite selections, Lisa. I’m in awe of your photo captures, especially the bees and butterflies. The image of the two butterflies is incredible. I know how challenging it is to capture them in photo.
    Thank you for sharing. All the best in 2021 to you. 🙂

1. Thank you Amy! FYI the one with the two butterflies was taken on our 25th anniversary, when all we could really do was go to the park. I think it was a positive sign 😊

12. mitchteemley says:

Wonderful images, Lisa, in the literal sense of the word wonderful: “full of wonder.”

1. Thank you so much Mitch! It is my passion and has helped keep me focused this past year 😊

1. Thank you John! 😊

13. VO says:

What a collection… It’s impossible to pick one favourite out, but I seem to be drown towards touches of pink. And the droplets too!!!

1. Thank you! I just kind of threw in that water drop one 😊 I loved the pink flowers!

oh wow! beautiful gallery of images, Lisa. such a treat! 🙂

1. Thank you Lola! I had so much fun taking all of those!