Sunrise on Galveston Island

We just returned from a wonderful road trip adventure through southern Texas. Over seventeen days we explored Big Bend National Park, South Padre Island, Rockport, and Galveston Island. Our focus was on nature areas, preserves, parks, and of course the beaches.

Below is one of my favorite photos. I look forward to sharing more of our road trip adventures in future posts.

🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴

amazing moments are often captured by accident

Couldn’t be more beautiful.

1. Thank you! 😊

2. Pepper says:

Beautiful! Now I am missing Galveston, my old stomping grounds. πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

1. Oh wow! At first, I was surprised how big of a town it was. Then we went to every location listed in the “Visitors Guide Birds of Galveston” and discovered a lot of beautiful nature space on the Island!

1. Pepper says:

We spent a lot of time there in Galveston when we lived in Houston many years ago. I am sure it has changed since then.

2. So many homes being built. And I was so fasinated with how high off the ground new homes are being built! Crazy to see! (but I understand why).

3. Terry says:

Beautiful image! South Texas is our winter home for 6 months. We love it here in the RGV 😊

1. Thank you, Terry! Oh my gosh, we had a fantastic time discovering all the beautiful places down there! I didn’t want to leave!

Sounds like a wonderful trip, I look forward to hearing more. And what a beautiful shot!

1. Thank you, Sarah! I look forward to sharing, it helps me relive the experiences!

I know exactly what you mean, I feel the same way πŸ˜€

5. Anita says:

I understand this belongs to one of your favorite photos! It’s amazing!!

1. Thank you, Anita!! 😊

6. Wow – breathtaking…I’m jealous, thanks for sharing!! I’m glad to read you had a wonderful trip! Enjoy the happy memories.

1. Thank you, Shelley! I am going through my thousands of photos. 😁 It’s fun to relive the moments!

1. You’re welcome. I bet it is so fun. That’s one of my favorite parts of a vacation, even if it’s over, the photos still bring joy. Thousands of photos is a lot to go through – enjoy the revival of the trip as you go through them.

7. Wind Kisses says:

Oh gosh! We look at our calendar at the beginning of every month. We will be at Big Bend and camping on south Padre Island for 10 days in the spring. It has been on my husbands list for a long time and retirement will take us there. Your photo is a teaser for me.

1. Oh my goodness that is so awesome! I can’t wait to see what you post! I know your perspective will be different from mine since we aren’t campers. The park was quite amazing, and S Padre Island was just beautiful, peaceful and so lovely! They were my favorites!

8. Jeff Flesch says:

That is so stunning, Lisa. Wow! πŸŒ…

1. Jeff Flesch says: